Tuesday, May 19, 2015

a little trip down memory lane on a horse...

I was rooting though some old boxes I found some early pictures of my horse addiction... 

annie belle and a shirtless me ~ age 6 I think... 


This was Leo - he was a very special horse who totally stole my heart !!! he and I were peas and carrots... ; ) I think I'm 12 or 13 here... although the first  love of my driving life was stardust no photo of her sadly but this is about what she and I looked like all summer long... hours of fun!!! she was a miniature donkey!! and the most strong willed animal I ever drove! : ) she was AWESOME! and more of a show off than me! and that's somethin'


after this there was a Morgan called Donagan.. a cart in the summer and a toboggan in the winter months ~ wish I had a photo of him...
 this early hobby turned into a way to make money in college... 

I wish I had a photo from my old carriage driving days in Philly but this is what my young 20's  looked like most nights weekends and summers ... I drove for '76 carriage Co in Philadelphia..



I did find my 'carriage permit' : ) 

then oregon ...
 there was chief (ahh the bumpy road he was)



 and now the boys...  (along with a few other borrowed horses along the way)
it's been a fun journey and so many great horses!












and the journey continues -- thanks to all my horsey friends who have been on the journey with me... special thanks to Duane, Sara and Laura  - here's to the great memories!! 
and here's to the amazing horses!




No comments: